How to resize Windows Server partition safely?
This page describe how to resize Windows Server partition to fix low disk space problem and optimize disk space usage. NIUBI Partition Editor can 100% safely resize partition on Windows Server 2016/2012/2008/2003 (R2), as well as Small Business Server and Home Server.
After running the server for a certain time, system C drive is getting full. Search by Google or in technical forums, many people have some problem, for example:
We have a Server – Windows 2003 Enterprise edition, the C drive is full. Will it be possible to resize partition – use some extra space of the Data Drive and add it to the end of the system partition without damaging the system and data partition?
It is not an easy task to resize a Windows server partition for many administrators. Because Windows built-in utility: diskpart and disk management is unable to resize partitions. Consider server data security, nobody can resize disk drive with any software at will.
Windows Server editions
- Windows Server 2003 32 and 64 bit
- Windows Server 2008 and R2 (X64)
- Windows Server 2012 (R2) and 2016
- Windows Small Business Server 2003/2008/2011
- Windows Small Business Server is based on Windows Server with some integrated Microsoft Servers, for small businesses.
- Windows Essential Business Server is a product similar with Small Business Server, but for medium-sized businesses.
- Windows Home Server is a home server operating system for file sharing, automated backups, and remote access.
NIUBI Partition Editor is able to resize partition on Windows Server editions listed above. It provides basic partition management to create, delete, format partition, change drive letter, etc. Advanced management to resize/move existing partition without data loss, copy, hide, set active, convert, defrag, check partition and much more.
Why resize Windows Server partition with NIUBI
Different with read-only program, when resizing server partitions, all partitioning software will modify the parameters of related disk, volume and files, it also move all files in some condition. So even one parameter in any place that is incorrect, data damage occur. Some people don’t pay attention to data safety, download any program and begin to resize without backup. While some other people have backup and say “who care what rollback technology is, I have backup”.
Besides Roll-Back Protection, NIUBI Partition Editor has many other advantages such as:
- Unique file-moving algorithm helps resize partition 30% to 300% faster than other tools.
- Hot Resize to extend NTFS partition without rebooting.
- To avoid mistake, all operations you before clicking Apply only work in virtual mode, you can preview, cancel and redo any step.
- Easy to use with simple GUI, anyone has no experience can resize server partition without help.
- All types of hardware RAID, VMware and Hyper-V are well supported.
How to resize partition on Windows Server?
DownloadNIUBI Partition Editor and follow the steps in the video.
Note: this video is created on Windows Server 2016, the steps to resize volume on other Windows Server are similar.
If you manage many servers, Enterprise edition can be installed to unlimited servers and PCs to save time and cost.
If you provide technical service, Technician edition can be used to provide profitable service to unlimited companies and individuals.