Set Active Partition
Active partition refers to a primary partition which contains boot files of the Operating System. After you make a partition as active, the operating system will hence start from that partition. This function is only available for Primary partitions in the hard disk with MBR mode partitions.
Only one Primary partition can be set as active among all the Primary partitions in the hard disk. The computer can only boot from the main partition that is set active.
How to set partition Active?
Launch the program, right click the Primary partition and select “Set Active Partition”.
You need to confirm this operation.
Click OK and back to the main window, press “Apply” button on top left to proceed.
- How to reallocate free space
- How to resize partition
- How to move partition
- How to merge partition
- How to split partition
- How to convert Logical partition to Primary
- How to convert Primary partition to Logical
- How to convert between MBR and GPT
- How to change partition type ID
- How to change serial number
- How to rebuild MBR
- How to align partition